Here we are

Here we are
Septeber 30 2007

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Nebraska II

I have been over 200 miles in Nebraska and I haven't seen any corn. I think that's a good thing.
The only problem is that it isn't flat either. I am riding in the Sand Hills, a semi arid area that runs through Northwest Nebraska. It is hot too. It's very beautiful, but the hills and the heat have taken their toll. We rode 300 miles in the last 5 days. That includes today, where I could only ride 45 miles before I just hit the wall. I spent the afternoon doing laundry and sitting in a whirlpool.
Tomorrow is another day. If we are going to get a chance to see the Royals in Kansas City, I will have to get to Iowa by Sunday night. It could be close.
People have asked some interesting questions in the last two days One farmer was amazed I was doing the trip - "How many miles do you ride a day 10 Miles?" No It only seems like it. Actually i's about 10 miles per hour.
One lady in a grocery store "How many bikes have you gone through so far?" What? Do I look like I would be hard on bikes? Actuallt just one. I politely answer any and all questions. It makes me feel like some celebrity.
It's late and I have to get up early tomorrow. I'll write more next tme.
Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I know a celebrity!

Love,

Jeff