Here we are

Here we are
Septeber 30 2007

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Rest Break

I was amazed when I didn't have to get up and get on the bike yesterday. Today it feels positively decadent. I downloaded some pictures, but they seemed to be old news. We'll have to take some new ones.
We left Iowa and went to Kansas City, about 275 miles away. We saw the home team Royals beat the Toronto Blue Jays 6-2. It was a really nice stadium, but the weather was HOT! It was 94 degrees at game time and the humidity was oppressive. Then I remembered, I have been biking in heat just as bad and I shake my head. I guess I get more of a breeze on the bike or I just expect to sweat there and it isn't a big deal.
We enjoyed our time at the ballpark and afterwards, we began our discussion of our timetable for getting to Kennebunk. No published date yet, but it just seems an amazing topic. too far in the future when we were in the West.
Over the next couple days we will do some fun and a little work. I have to work for a few hours on bike maintenance and the boys want to play a little golf. We plan on riding over the river on Thursday morning. By the way, I think I want a picture taken of this event. Brother Jerry says that I have not had a picture of myself actually riding a bike on this blog. There was some insinuation that I just cart the bike around to various locations to have my picture taken. I must silence the sceptics.
Got to go back and wake the boys. We'll post again in a couple days.
Till then.

No comments: