Here we are

Here we are
Septeber 30 2007

Monday, August 27, 2007

Not Much Progress

We did some biking on Friday, but the weather turned foul on Saturday, so we took the day off. Josh has friends in Dayton and there was a beer fest in town, so I dropped the boys in Dayton and drove to see my brother Jeff and his family in Cincinnatti.
I did not take any pictures, so I thought I would put in a picture that most of you haven't seen before. It was taken on my trip to Tibet last Fall. It has nothing to do with this blog, but I put it in here for the benefit of people like Hammer, who won't read anyhing without pictures.
Anyhow, we had a nice relaxing time with Jeff. He fixed a wonderful dinner and that combined with excess exercise, and I fell asleep pretty early. We got up and had a great waffle breakfast, then we called our other brothers and set up a ride with all 4 of us next week up by Cleveland. It should be an awesome time. I promise we'll take plenty of pictures. I am very grateful that they are willing to do this, because they haven't done much riding in the last few years. I promise we'll keep it flat and short. It's a grand gesture. Thanks, Guys.
Got back to Indiana late last night and almost finished the state today. Since there wasn't much of a headwind, I elected to get south instead of straight east. I am almost down to US 40, which will take us through Columbus and Newark.
Called my friend Steve Hunziker who lives east of Columbus. we will stay with him and his family when we get to the city. It will be good to see him. His father is still alive and it will be good to see him again. I just hope he keeps the stories of my college exploits to a minimum around my boys!!
Anyhow, it's late and I have to get up and get out of this state and into my home state of Ohio.
Till then.

No comments: